Hey you busy person! Don’t go another moment without considering all of your selves before making that next decision. That’s right. All of your selves! I am referring to your Mental-Self, your Physical-Self, your Spirit-Self, and your Soul-Self. You are all of these aspects, and each affects your daily life even if you are not aware of it!
When we take time to consider all of the different aspects of our being, we make better choices – whether they be seemingly insignificant decisions or critical life-changing ones. These better choices lead to less worry, stress, internal anger and disappointment. In other words, we will live happier lives.
Before making a decision, ask your Mental-Self:
- Will this choice create undue mental stress, depression, or anxiety in my life?
- How does this choice promote mental growth and peace of mind?
- Will this decision add value to my mental database and positively affect further decisions in my life?
Consulting your Mental-Self can save you much mental anguish and lead to a more serene existence.
Before making a decision, ask your Physical-Self:
- What impact will this decision have on my body?
- Do I feel physically comfortable in the environment that I will create with this decision?
- Does my body exhibit any negative reactions when I consider this choice?
- How is my body benefitting from the decision that I am making?
Talking to and listening to the wisdom of your body, promotes physical well-being and allows you to glean knowledge from your intuition which you may have otherwise ignored.
Before making a decision, ask your Soul-Self:
- Is this decision in line with my morals and belief systems?
- Will I be able to be my true self in the space that I am creating with this decision?
- Will I feel free to express myself in a way that is consistent with my life purpose?
Asking for guidance from your Soul-Self will stop you from making decisions that may lead to regret, shame and guilt. Choose to be you!!
Before making a decision, ask your Spirit-Self:
- How does my decision affect my life partner, my family, my community and Mother Earth?
- How am I contributing to the energetic environment of the world – negatively or positively?
- Do I reflect love/God/Universal Consciousness/Source Energy with this decision?
Being led by your Spirit-Self will allow you to open your heart to those around you and make a mature decision grounded in Universal love energy.
Recently, after a long day, my body was feeling sore from yoga, and my mind tired from organizing incorporation filings and navigating a real estate transaction. Gearing up to do some shopping and cook dinner, my husband said he would relieve me of these tasks so that I could rest. When I began to protest he asked – Are you considering all of your selves? I promptly relinquished my duties to him and fell into a soothing bath of Epsom salts, and peppermint and eucalyptus oils. By asking myself the above questions, I am able to make better decisions which assist me in becoming a healthier, happier, and more balanced person in general.
Eye-and-eye mantra: Be the woman you want to be at all times!
Copyright 2014 Ajua Hawkins