If you have not heard about chakras and their connection to a healthy mind, body and spirit, no doubt you will soon. As we become a more globally interactive society, the wisdom of the East increasingly permeates into our American culture. This is indeed a good thing!
A chakra is a spinning vortex wheel of energy located at particular points throughout the body. This article focuses on the chakra found at the throat. It is an especially important chakra for business oriented people, entrepreneurs, and attorneys because it facilitates the ability to communicate clearly and concisely – to mean what we say and say what we mean. Not only is balancing the throat chakra crucial for effectively connecting with our clients and colleagues, but it is also necessary for optimal physical health and peace of mind.
Please click the heading to read entire article.
When we say one thing and behave or think in an opposite manner, we cause tension and stress in our bodies. We begin to experience cognitive dissonance and no longer trust ourselves as we should. Not only do others feel that they cannot rely on our word, but maybe more importantly, we too may doubt our capabilities and moralities. When our speech and actions are in alignment, we will more likely feel good about ourselves and reaching our goals.
When our throat chakra is unbalanced, it can cause throat ailments and communication issues. If this energy wheel is weak, we may experience fear of speaking our truth or telling others what we need. We may fall horse frequently or experience chronic sore throat. On the other hand, overuse of this energy vortex may result in talking over others or not being an attentive listener. We may ignore the needs of our family members or colleagues. Being self-aware and introspective help us to acknowledge if these issues exist and determine whether we need to work on balancing the throat chakra.
If you do indeed decide that you want to clear and balance your throat chakra, here are a few tips for getting started:
- Try a throat chakra guided meditation from YouTube. I like to use Afrodeity Stone’s guided visualization for clearing and balancing the throat chakra.
- Visualize a current of blue energy flowing in a spiraling clockwise motion at the middle of your throat while you listen to your favorite meditation music or sit out in nature.
- Chant the om or practice deep breathing or fire breathing exercises. Learning how to breathe correctly is essential for clarity of mind and superior health.
- Set an intention to strengthen your throat chakra by using affirmations such as, I speak clearly and concisely, I am easily understood, My words and actions create my reality. Or create a mantra that resonates with you.
- Construct an environment that helps you to focus on this chakra, which correlates with the color blue, by wearing blue clothing, burning a blue candle, eating blue foods such as blue chips or blueberries, or placing a blue stone on your desk.
Take time out to get to know your spiritual body. The gifts it will give in return are immeasurable! I can tell you from personal experience that ever since I began learning about and cultivating my spiritual self, all other aspects of my life have grown exponentially. I’m sure that you too will benefit from the ancient wisdom of the chakra system!
Eye-and-eye mantra: Be the woman you want to be at all times!
Copyright 2014 Ajua Hawkins